FREE JISC WEBINAR - UK FEDERATION
Tuesday December 15th
8am - 9am (San Francisco time)
4pm - 5pm (London time)
Please join us for an informal webinar held on Tuesday 15th December at 4pm (London time) to look at some of the identity issues facing UK federation members and possible solutions offered by 3rd party identity providers operating in the area. Speakers from the UK federation, Overt Software, Cirrus Identity and Digital Identity Ltd will be present.
Topics & Speakers
DR RHYS SMITH - CHIEF TECHNICAL ARCHITECT, TRUST & IDENTITY, JISC
- Shibboleth V3 IdP
- Statistics generation through Raptor
CHRIS ANDRE - TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, OVERT SOFTWARE
- What is new in Shibboleth IdP v3?
- Shibboleth IdP v2 to v3 upgrade path - Is going "Cloud" a better option?
- What are the concerns for Service Providers and Publishers regarding Shibboleth IdP v3?
- Shibboleth IdP v3 Load Balancing and Shibboleth/ADFS integration
- Shibboleth IdP v3 statistics
PETE BIRKINSHAW – CEO, DIGITAL IDENTITY LTD
Indiid.net is a new independent IdP based in the UK that provides a guest-IdP service for higher and further education. Indiid helps people outside academia to collaborate with your staff and students by giving them their own low-cost federated identity using Shibboleth software.
- A brief overview of Indiid.net and how it can help
- On-boarding/Provisioning: Adding new external users - the process for them and for your organisation
- Identity Assurance: trusting online identities using two factor authentication and identity validation
- Virtual organisations and groups: a simple approach to access control
- Consent and data: Sharing and privacy for your external users
- Roadmap: New features due in 2016
DEDRA CHAMBERLIN – CEO, CIRRUS IDENTITY
Cirrus Identity offers hosted identity solutions to help universities solve some of their thorny identity challenges. You'll hear about how Newcastle University is using the Cirrus Gateway to enable access to their Virtual Research Environment for external users. We'll also give an overview of how Cirrus Identity helps solve the following problems:
- You run an internal "guest account" system for parents, research collaborators, continuing education students, and more and you want to outsource management of those accounts and possibly allow users to login with social identities (Google, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- You found the perfect vendor application, it supports SAML, but with a single Identity Provider and you need to federate
- You want to participate in an identity federation, but don't want run your own SAML identity provider
This is a free webinar and is open to all UK federation members.